3 chairs

3 chairs

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bench final and something new


Here it is: stained with Minwax red mahagony and one coat of oil. Over the next 5 or 6 days it will get 5 or 6 coats of my homemade wiping varnish. Should be ready to deliver by next weekend. I'll have to check Peggy's schedule to find out the best day to go.

Pretty sweet looking, huh?
This is the next project. Actually 2 of them. They are small drawer units for bathroom in Fredricksburg. One of the cases will have 2 equal drawers. The boxes are pretty simple but there are some details in these.


I have to match or compliment an existing antique the customer already has. It will be out of some knotty pine.

The drawers have these rabbeted drawer fronts with some half-blind dovetails.

There is molding to duplicate on the bottom as well as some rollers that will go on the bottom of the case.

Molding on the top also. These units will replace the plastic drawers you see in the background. Tomorrow I'll get started by glueing some panels together.  I also have 3 medicine chests that will be out of knotty alder. I have to draw those up tomorrow. Stick with me! Lots of stuff to build!



1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Love the bench Ron! It's beautiful, you did a great job as always. I'm sure they will be very thrilled with it. And excited to see you next two cabinets, out of knotty pine, my favorite :)