It's been a little while since I've posted so I thought I would update some things for you. The weather here has been absolutely great the last few days. The bluebonnets are starting to put some buds on and one of the peach trees has blooms on it. Spring is definitely right around the corner.
I finished the two bath cabinets. They turned out pretty good.
Like small file cabinets
I put several coats of amber shellac....
...followed by a glaze to darken and age it some.They also have some small castors as per the customers request. These will be delivered on Saturday.
Also finished the 3 medicine cabinets and installed them. The stain is a custom color and then shot with a dull-rubbed lacquer.
I drilled lots of holes so they could put the shelves exactly right.
This is a linen cabinet we re-did last year with knotty alder doors.
Last year we enclosed a carport at this same customers house making a huge master closet. They had a closet as part of the bathroom with 4' bi-fold doors. I suggested we remove the doors and make it a cased opening and add some shelves for storage. When it was done the customer asked if I could add drawers and doors. So here is a particle board and knotty alder storage unit. There is another bank of drawers to the right of this unit. She loves it!
And here's the next item. Actually 2 items. This is kind of a mission style chest of drawers. The second chest will be the same size and configuration with couple of design and finish changes. I'm building this one first. It is alder with poplar as the secondary wood. All mortise and tenon case with dovetailed drawers.
One of the many mortises laid out.
The legs have slight tapers on the inside below the skirt.
Working on one end.
I cut this dovetail on the top stretcher to really tie the case together.
Checking the fit of the center stile on the end
This is a dry fit to check panel dimensions and interior stretcher lengths. Lots of parts! Hopefully I'll get something glued together tomorrow.