3 chairs

3 chairs

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'm back!

I've been busy the last few days working on the chest and it's time to post some progress. Once again I'll start with the weather report: It's great! Warm and sunny with just enough rain.
Here's all the pieces for the chest. All milled and morticed and tenoned.
Had to take 2 pictures to get it all in. Alder is the primary wood and poplar is the secondary.
Peggy helped me glue it together Sunday and it was definitely a 2 person job. This isn't the picture of the glue-up! I guess I forgot to take one. I'll post one of the carcass tomorrow. Sheesh!

Here it is with the drawer fronts all fit to the case. I spent today cutting and milling the drawer sides and backs and got all the dovetails cut. At the end of the day I started cutting and milling the material for the drawer bottoms. Should get that done tomorrow. I have to stain the drawer fronts before glueing the drawers together. Getting close!
And here is the first bluebonnet of the year! This is the plant that I posted the other day. Should be a really good year.


No comments: