I haven't quite finished the repair job but I was able to get a little done yesterday evening. Today I have to get paint for the job so I'll be away most of the day. Living in the country is nice but you have to put up with a lot of windshield time in order to get materials.
I cut and milled the blanks for the backrests and fit them. They will get a lot of shaping later.
I also cut and milled the arm blanks. They get a curve cut in them. I draw the profile and re-saw them on the bandsaw.
This one has been cut.
Then I take the piece I just cut and move it to the other side.
And with lots of glue and clamps. I'll let this dry over night.
I glued this one together last night. Scrape the glue and joint both edges. You can see the curve now.
After the profile is drawn I take it to the bandsaw and.....
It looks like this.
It gets a dowel in the top of the front leg through the arm. Glued and screwed where the arm attaches to the back leg.
Front view. It's only dry fit right now. I have to do some more sanding in some places that will be hard to reach after it's glued.
This is going to be a garden shed for Peggy. I had some guys set the forms yesterday. They are coming back Monday to tie steel and probably pour Tuesday or Wednesday. It will be 12' x 14'.