3 chairs

3 chairs

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve


We were lucky enough to spend most of the last week in Denton visiting our son Ian and our grandchildren Lily and Henry as well as lots of our friends. We had a great time! I delivered the chair to Nancy Stroud and I think she was pleased. She plans to use it in her office. While we were there I received a commission from my pal Ronny Miller for a bench for the dining table. It will seat 6 and have a back and arms and Ronny's wife Renee wants to be able to put some throw pillows on it. I have some ideas about what I want to do so I'm going to have to figure out how to draw it in Sketchup. Ronny and I always play on the same team when we play golf against Jimmy Staggs and Paul Carpenter. We played Wednesday and Paul couldn't make it so we got Bill Chamblee to fill in. Had a lot of fun.



I never win. Except this time! I'm rich! So happy to take Jimmy's money.

I built this house in 1980. We lived here until 2007. Raised our kids and made a lot of great memories.

Lily and Henry writing on the wall at Rooster's, a great little restaurant in Denton.


And here's the chair. Turned out pretty nice.

It's really shiny because I had just put a coat of oil on it. It will eventually have a nearly semi-gloss sheen.

Front leg joint. You can see the plugs. All of the joints are glued and screwed.

I really like walnut.

So I'm going to have to spend a little time designing and will go next week for some materials for the bench. I'll have an update soon. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a safe New Year!

1 comment:

Ron and Peggy said...

I have a few ideas of things you could make too. After you finish the bench.
Your wife,
Peggy